segunda-feira, 12 de maio de 2008

| Original Of The Species | Niver da vez - Bono Vox*


A banda irlandesa U2 se formou no ano de 1976 e tem como membros: Bono Vox, que na verdade se chama Paul David Hewson (!), que é o vocalista e guitarrista; The Edge que é David Howell Evans, na guitarra, piano, voz e baixo; Adam Clayton no baixo e guitarra e o 'inteiraço' Larry Mullen Jr. na bateria.

Eles são uma das bandas de rock mais populares no mundo desde a década de 80. Os seus shows são únicos e um verdadeiro festival de efeitos especiais. São uma das bandas que mais arrecadam anualmente. Bem, eu sei do show por ter assistido pela tv, imagina ao vivo, melhor ainda!

Mas o U2 não só se preocupa com sua carreira musical, como também, com as causas sociais e são conhecidos mundialmente por defenderem os direitos humanos, causas políticas, principalmente o líder, Bono Vox, que tem participado ativamente em várias campanhas e apelado a líderes do mundo todo afim de obter apoio na sua luta contra a fome e a miséria, sobretudo nos países mais pobres. A boa vontade de Bono quase levou ao fim da banda no passado, por incomodar o resto dos membros do grupo, porém isso foi revertido e ele conta atualmente com o apoio destes na sua causa. O que dá um mérito à mais a banda e aos membros, né! É tão difícil ver gente assim por aí, se aproveitando da fama para o bem dos outros e não para o seu próprio.


Formação
A banda foi formada em Dublin em 25 de Setembro de 1976. Larry Mullen Jr., com apenas 14 anos, pôs um anúncio na escola à procura de músicos para uma nova banda. A resposta resultou num grupo de 5 elementos batizado de "Feedback", que incluía Mullen na bateria, Adam Clayton no baixo, Paul Hewson (Bono) no vocal, David Evans (The Edge) na guitarra e o irmão de David, Dick, também na guitarra.
Após 18 meses de ensaios, os "Feedback" mudaram o nome para "The Hype". A banda tocou com este nome num concerto para a descoberta de novos talentos em Limerick na Irlanda em 78, tendo ganho o concurso. Jackie Haden, da "CBS Records", que fazia parte do júri, ficou impressionado com a banda, tendo-lhes dado a oportunidade de gravar a sua primeira demo.
O punk rocker de Dublin Steve Averill disse que os "The Hype" não prestavam, pelo menos no nome. Mais tarde, devido ao fato de a família de Adam ser muito ligada à
aviação, Adam sugeriu um novo nome para a banda, U2 (Lockheed U-2, nome de um avião-espião utilizado pelos EUA durante a Guerra Fria que fora abatido pela URSS poucos dias antes do nascimento de Paul Hewson - Bono) que foi aceito e se tornou o nome oficial da banda até os dias de hoje. Aaaaah...
Há quem sugira que o nome "U2" é baseado na filosofia do grupo, que acredita que a audiência faz parte da música e dos espetáculos e como tal "you too" ("Você também") participa do espetáculo.
Dick saiu em Março de 1978, e a banda fez-lhe um concerto de despedida. Reduzidos a quatro elementos, lançaram o seu primeiro single em Setembro de 1979, "U2-3" de seu nome, que chegou ao topo das tabelas na Irlanda. Em Dezembro desse ano foram para Londres realizar os seus primeiros concertos fora da Irlanda, não tendo conseguido grande atenção do público ou da crítica.

Álbuns de Estúdio
* Boy (1980) / October (1981) / War (1983) / The Unforgettable Fire (1984)
* Wide Awake In America (1985) / The Joshua Tree (1987) / Rattle and Hum (1988)
* Achtung Baby (1991) / Zooropa (1993) / Pop (1997)
* All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000) / How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004)

Coletânias e Álbuns Ao Vivo
* Under a Blood Red Sky (1983) / The Best of 1980-1990 (1998)
* The Best of 1990-2000 (2002) / U218 Singles (2006)


TOPmúsicas ***

"One"
Bono Vox

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same? / Will it make it easier on you now, you got someone to blame?

You say one love, one life, it's one need in the night.
One love, get to share it
Leaves you baby, you don't care for it.

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth? / You act like you never had love and you want me to go without.
Well, it's too late tonight to drag the past out into the light. / We're one, but we're not the same. / We get to carry each other, carry each other... one

Have you come here for forgiveness? / Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head? / Did I ask too much, more than a lot?
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got. / We're one, but we're not the same.
Well, we hurt each other, then we do it again.

You say love is a temple, love a higher law / Love is a temple, love the higher law. / You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl / And I can't be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt.

One love, one blood, one life, you got to do what you should.
One life with each other: sisters, brothers.
One life, but we're not the same.
We get to carry each other, carry each other.
One, one.

Ouça: http://www.tempoesia1.hpgvip.ig.com.br/midi/internacional1/U2/One.mid
--------------------------------------------------
"Stay"
U2

Green line, Seven Eleven / You stop in / For a pack of cigarettes / You don't smoke / Don't even want to / Hey! Now check you change / Dressed up like a car crash / The wheels are turning / But you're upside down / You say when he hits you / You don't mind / Because when he hurts you / You feel alive
Is that what it is?

Red light, gray morning / You stumble / Out of a hole in the ground / A vampire or a victim / It depends on who's around / You used to stay in
To watch the adverts / You could lip synch / To the talk shows / And if you look / You look through me / And when you talk / you talk at me / And when I touch you / You don't feel a thing

If I could stay
Then the night would give you up. Stay
Then the day would keep its trust
Stay and the night would be enough
Faraway, so close
Up with the static and the radio
With satellite television
You can go anywhere. Miami, New Orleans
London, Belfast and Berlin
And if you listen
I can't call. And if you jump
You just might fall. And if you shout
I'll only hear you
--------------------------------------------------
"With or Without You"
U2

See the stone set in your eyes / See the thorn twist in your side / I wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate / On a bed of nails she makes me wait / And I wait without you

With or without you } 2x

Through the storm we reach the shore / You gave it all but I want more / And I'm waiting for you

With or without you } 2x
I can't live
With or without you

And you give yourself away } 2x
And you give } 2x
And you give yourself away

Ouça: http://www.tempoesia1.hpgvip.ig.com.br/midi/internacional1/U2/With_or_without_you.mid
--------------------------------------------------
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
U2

I have climbed the highest mountains / I have run through the fields / Only to be with you 2x
I have run I have crawled / I have scaled / these city walls 2x / Only to be with you

But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for } 2x

I have kissed honey lips / Felt the healing in her fingertips / It burned like fire
This burning desire
I have spoke with the tongue of angels / I have held the hand of the devil / It was warm in the night / I was cold as a stone

Ouça: http://www.tempoesia1.hpgvip.ig.com.br/midi/internacional1/U2/I_Still_Havent_Found_What_Im_Looking_For.mid
--------------------------------------------------
"Original of the Species"
U2

Baby slow down
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart

I'll give you everything you want
Except the thing that you want
You are the first one of your kind

And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
And i kneel 'cause i want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And i want nothing that you're not

Every where you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it

Some things you shouldn't get too good at
Like smiling, crying and celebrity
Some people got way too much confidence baby

I'll give you everything you want
Except the thing that you want
You are the first one of your kind

And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
I kneel 'cause i want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And i want nothing that you're not

Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it, no
And you'll never be alone
Come on now show your soul
You've been keeping your love under control

Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it
Everywhere you go you shout it
Oh my my

And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
I kneel 'cause i want you some more
I want you some more, i want you some more...

Ouça: http://www.tempoesia1.hpgvip.ig.com.br/midi/internacional1/U2/Original_Of_The_Species.mid
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
U2

One man come in the name of love / One man come and go
One man come here to justify / One man to overthrow

In the name of love
What more in the name of love } 2x

Ouça: http://www.midivoices.com.br/somzera/midivoice/arqs/77/669.mid
--------------------------------------------------
"Beautiful Day"
U2

The heart is a bloom, shoots up through the stony ground / But there's no room, no space to rent in this town
You're out of luck and the reason that you had to care, / The traffic is stuck and you're not moving anywhere.
You thought you’d found a friend to take you out of this place / Someone you could lend a hand in return for grace

It's a beautiful day
The sky falls and you feel like it's a beautiful day
Don’t let it get away

Ouça: http://www.tempoesia1.hpgvip.ig.com.br/midi/internacional1/U2/Beautiful_day.mid



"All Because of You"
All because of you } 2x
I am… I am
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"City of Blinding Lights"
And I miss you when you’re not around
I’m getting ready to leave the ground….

Oh you look so beautiful tonight / In the city of blinding lights
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sunday, Bloody Sunday"
Sunday, bloody Sunday } 4x
Oh, let's go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Elevation"
high, higher than the sun / You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here / At the corner of your lips
As the orbit of your hips / Eclipse, you elevate my soul
I've got all self-control / Been living like a mole
Now going down, excavation / I and I, in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly / So high, elevation
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Miss Sarajevo"
Here she comes, oh oh
Heads turn around
Here she comes
To take her crown
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Vertigo"
Hello hello (Hola!)
I’m at a place called Vertigo (Dónde está?)
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
Except you, give me something I can feel, feel

Nenhum comentário: